Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm Baaaaa---aack!


As some of my more gracious friends have pointed out to me, I have really been a slacker on my blog lately...and they are absolutely right. But, I assure you, dear ones, that I am alive, well, and still eating raw foods.

This past summer posed new challenges that had me straying away from my resolve to be 100% raw. At times I dipped down to 50-75% but repeatedly, I renewed my efforts to get back to 100%. There was some strong motivation as I did not feel as well physically or mentally. I was really irritated to see the pounds that had so stubbornly departed my body, come racing back to join the rest of their undesirable crowd. That's where I drew the line. I have not come this far to give up or give in to my middle age blubber.

So, what have I learned while I have been dabbling in the dark arts of SAD cuisine?

1) That see-sawing back and forth between being 100% raw and only half raw is very rough on the body. I can't count the number of times I suffered indigestion, heartburn, constipation and other unpleasantries from eating things I should not have.

2) It is very easy to talk about eating raw when I am 100%. Not so easy when I have my downfalls. No one wants to be a public failure.

I am sure there are other things I could mention, but in the interest of not stalling any longer, I'll leave it at that.

No comments: