Sunday, May 10, 2009

100 Days!!!


Another milestone! Every time I reach a new number of days of being 100% raw vegan, I celebrate another victory for me. There is absolutely nothing in my past that would suggest that I would ever be able to accomplish this. I do not take this success for granted though. I know that with one bite of pizza, or some other old favorite, I would be right back where I started from. There would be no "just one bite."

I had a wonderful Mother's Day today. Along with a couple of much needed gifts, my husband and daughter took me to Kingwood Center in Mansfield, Ohio. There we toured the mansion and walked the grounds admiring one extraordinary garden after another. We left there and enjoyed a picnic in a wooded park that we shared only with the wildlife. Then it was onto a small town where I spent my youth and then to Mohican State Park. We spent about an hour gazing into a deep river gorge, watching falcons and turkey buzzards soaring below us through the gorge. The only sounds were the cries of the birds, the raging river and the wind in the trees. It couldn't have been more perfect! Today I ate:
  • Breakfast: Green smoothie with apple, pear, banana, Swiss chard.
  • Lunch: Daikon radish salad with red and green peppers, olive oil, balsamic vinegar; a fruit salad with banana, apple, clementines, and grapes; crudites with a Brazil nut pate.
  • Supper: More of the daikon and fruit salads.
  • Also: Drank lots of water and hot herbal tea.

Photos: Top: Tulips at Kingwood Center, Mansfield, Ohio. Bottom: Clear Fork Gorge, Mohican State Park, Loudenville, Ohio

No comments: