Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring Allergies


I am not sure why I have been feeling so rotten today. I am inclined to blame my swollen joints, head and body aches on allergies. Last evening's walk in the woods may have been my undoing. Everything was in bloom and there was just enough of a breeze to blow a lot of pollen around. I have gotten through this season without any kind of allergy medication for the first time in decades, so I really can't complain. Last year this time I had a major sinus infection and was sneezing my head off. I have had none of that this year and I give my raw, vegan diet all the credit.

So I will get to bed early tonight and hope for a better day tomorrow. No telling what a good night's rest and lots of fluids will do.

Today I had:
Breakfast: Green smoothie with apple, banana, pear and chickweed.
Lunch: Corn chowder made with frozen corn, green onion, cashews, red bell pepper, carrots, and a few mushrooms.
Supper: Citrus salad with spring mix, spinach, pink grapefruit, clementines, and my usual dressing of lemon juice, Dijon mustard, agave nectar and olive oil.
Snack: A few power balls.

No comments: