Friday, May 8, 2009

Busy Week

Love the produce options at Whole Foods!

It has been a busy week around here lately. My friend Laura and I met for our "tea and wisdom" chat, which we have been doing for several years now. We sit, drink tea, and share our wisdom with each other. This always proves to be such an inspirational time for both of us. She is the light that guided me to feng shui and I will always be so grateful to her for that. This week her words brought a new vision for my life and motivated me to go home and start creating the space that supports that new vision. Friends like this are just golden!

I also went to the Raw Meetup Group to see Dr. Gabriel Cousens' documentary Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days. I was thrilled to see this movie. I have known for a long time that diabetes is reversible....I did it for my mother. But to see it done with raw foods is exciting. The people in the film were ecstatic with their results and anyone can see why....they have just been given back their lives! Every day doctors tell their patients that they will be on drugs or insulin for the rest of their lives, and don't even know there are other options. What a sad state our medical field is in! Ohio is the second highest state in the U.S. for diabetes in children. There is a lot of education that needs to happen here.

On Wednesday I had:

  • Breakfast: Skipped.
  • Lunch: A few power balls.
  • Supper: Big green salad with spinach, spring mix, celery, tomatoes, red bell peppers and lemon juice and olive oil for a dressing.

On Thursday I had:

  • Breakfast: Green smoothie with mango, orange, banana, hemp seeds, and kale.
  • Lunch: The rest of the smoothie and a salad with walnuts, spring mix, cucumber, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil.
  • Supper: A salad with cucumber, arame seaweed, red bell pepper, vinegar and oil.
  • Snack: Kale chips.

On Friday I had:

  • Breakfast: Green smoothie with mango, banana, orange, ginger root, mint, and kale.
  • Lunch: Mediterranean salad with arugula, red and yellow Heritage tomatoes, fennel, black olives, basil, pine nuts, garlic powder, lemon juice, olive oil, and Celtic sea salt.
  • Supper: Lettuce wraps with romaine, avocado, tomato, dulse, shallots, Braggs Aminos, and sprouts.
  • Snack: Kale chips.

I will leave you with Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi from 1970. It seems so appropriate on so many levels.


No comments: