Thursday, April 30, 2009

90 Days Raw!!!


Ever since about day 6 of this journey I have posted the day number on my kitchen cabinet to remind myself just how far I have come. Today is Day 90!!!! Three whole months I have eaten 100% raw vegan.

I was going to post a picture of myself until I saw just how bad I still look. It was a bit of a reality check. I look so much better than I did 90 days ago, but I still can't think of myself as looking so badly. Sorry. You will just have to wait until there is more progress and then I will show you just how bad it was! I have let go of a total of 29 lbs. now....20 lbs. in the last 90 days. The progress is slow, but it is happening.

In the meantime, I went foraging this morning until the heavens opened up and completely drenched me. I was able to grab a good handful or two of dandelion greens, plantains, clover and wild mint. Everything is popping up from the ground now and spring is in full force. The lilac bushes are bursting with lavender and white blooms and fill the air with their heavenly scent. There are fields of dandelions everywhere and all the trees have leaves on them now. I love spring!

Today I ate:
Breakfast: Green smoothie with wild greens, spinach, mango, banana, clementines, and ginger.
Lunch: Green salad with lemon juice.
Supper: Lettuce wraps with romaine, avocado, tomato, dulse and sprouts.

2 comments:

Friko said...

Congratulations, well done!
I admire your willpower.

Karen Schlesinger said...

Thank you Friko! But really there is no "willpower" to it! That is the real beauty of this. There are NO cravings and I eat as much as I want! Can't beat that!