Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Search for Comfort


It has been a cold, rainy day here today and I have been looking for ways to stay warm all day. The smell of ham leftovers in the house remind me of how I used to make bean soup after Easter. On a day like today, that would have been a welcome comfort food. But I don't eat like that any more and any thoughts of eating meat are very repulsive to me now.

I have been at a loss when desiring food for warmth or comfort and it makes me realize just how much I used food to insulate myself from everything. I think I was a classic compulsive overeater and I still see the telltale signs. I am just using raw foods now, which is still healthier, but hasn't dealt with the real issues. Perhaps in time some of the drive to eat for comfort will diminish, but right now I am just grateful I don't have cravings for a lot of the junk I used to eat. I will find other ways to deal with being cold or having memories that I used to stuff down.

On Monday I ate:
Breakfast: Green smoothie with banana, orange, spinach and collards.
Lunch: Crudites with leftover Springtime Herb Dip.
Supper: Citrus Avocado Salad with romaine lettuce, celery, grapefruit, orange, avocado, and a dressing of lemon juice, Dijon mustard, agave nectar and olive oil.

On Tuesday I ate:
Breakfast: A couple of lettuce wraps with romaine lettuce, cucumber, carrots and sprouts.
Lunch: Citrus Avocado Salad again.
Supper: Corn chowder with corn, green onion, chives, cashews, sea salt, red bell pepper and shallots.

Did my Body Flex both days.

No comments: