Monday, April 27, 2009

Serenity


"When you become a raw foodist, it changes your life forever. Your perception of the world completely changes. While you pursue excellence in your personal mind, body and spirit, you pursue excellence for the planet as well. It happens simultaneously. You connect to the entire planet in no other way possible. You learn to appreciate things that other people don't even know are possible. It is a deep awareness that transcends words, that goes beyond language." ~Heidi Ohlander from Raw Food, Right Now!~


I love what Heidi wrote in her blog on Earth Day. I have not yet been able to find the words to describe what it has been like since I began this journey. But Heidi just summed up a big part of it right there.
When we come through a healing process by whatever means, we forget how much pain and suffering we endured before the healing took place. Childbirth is a classic example of this. Women forget whatever pain or discomfort they endured giving birth until the next time it happens. They remember that they had pain, but the experience of it is diminished over time.

It has been like that since I became raw. A healing has taken place and the good feelings I experience now are the new norm and tend to make me forget just how miserable I was. There is a calm, a peacefulness, a sense of oneness with all living things that is present now that wasn't there when I was eating a Standard American Diet. There is a connection between myself and my Higher Self. There is a relationship with my Creator that didn't exist 88 days ago. The transformation within has become more important than the changes without.

It is easy to forget how I struggled to keep from gaining more weight, how depressed I was, how I fought cravings every day. It is exactly why I need to stay present to the grace I now enjoy by eating raw.

When I set out to do this, I wanted to do it for 90 days and then decide if the changes were worth the effort. I know now, that what I feel today I wouldn't trade for anything. This is serenity.

On Sunday I ate:
Breakfast: Green smoothie of banana, apple, pear, mint and kale.
Lunch: Veggie wraps with romaine, cucumber, carrots, and celery.
Supper: Raw Lasagna with zucchini, tomatoes, cashews, lemon juice, red bell pepper and various herbs and spices. Also had a salad of daikon radish, red, green, and yellow bell peppers, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

On Monday I ate:
Breakfast: Green smoothie with blueberries, apple, pear, mint and collards.
Lunch: Raw Lasagna and the rest of the daikon salad.
Supper: Salad with Spring Mix, celery and a dressing of Dijon mustard, lemon juice, agave nectar, and olive oil.
Snack: A few power balls.

No comments: