Saturday, April 4, 2009

A New Challenge


Spring is in full bloom here in Ohio and it has brought my usual fits of coughing, sneezing, and nose blowing. I have been feeling so much better eating raw, that I had completely forgotten about the annual nuisance of seasonal allergies. In past years I stuck it out with with over-the-counter medications until I finally made a trip to the doctor for prescription drugs. Usually by that time I had a sinus infection to go with it. It would be a round of antibiotics, possibly a decongestant, and a daily infusion of some antihistamine until the next frost in October or so.

I also seem to be caught up in the most recent wave of detoxification right now, so I really don't know if this is serious with the allergies or not. Nonetheless, I am going to refrain from taking any drugs and just see where things go. I am hoping my body will recover on its own and that I no longer have to rely on drugs to get me through the warmer months.

A big part of the process of getting through all the many and varied symptoms that detox brings, is being able to relax and just let my body be the way it is. I make a conscious decision to stop resisting whatever is going on and accept that this is the way it is right now. Inevitably this process seems to lessen the symptoms and allows me to continue to function. I just keep telling myself that like the weather, it will change again in a day or two, and it does. As this process continues, I see that on the days that I feel good, I feel really good. I see this as evidence that my overall health is improving.

On Friday I had:
Breakfast: Juice of parsley, carrot, celery, and spinach.
Lunch: A small salad with lemon juice, olive oil and herbs, and the leftover zucchini spaghetti.
Supper: Citrus Avocado Salad with Romain lettuce, pink grapefruit, an orange, and a dressing of lemon juice, Dijon mustard, agave nectar, and olive oil.
Snack: Some power ball goo.

On Saturday I had:
Breakfast: Green smoothie with mango, banana, orange and Swiss chard.
Lunch: Raw vegetables (celery, carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers) with guacamole.
Supper: Mixed chopped vegetables (tomato, corn, shallots, yellow bell pepper, celery, carrots) with lemon juice and olive oil.
Snack: A couple of power balls.
Body Flexed on Saturday only.

No comments: