Monday, April 20, 2009

Another Rainy Day

It has been raining for the past 2 days and it really gets depressing not to see the sun shine. But when it does come out again, it is going to reveal a spectacularly green world! Our yard is about as green as I think I have ever seen it. I can't wait to see it when the sun is shining again.

There should be an abundance of wild greens for the picking too. I can't wait to get out and do some more foraging. We drove down to Southern Ohio a couple of weeks ago and there were purple colored fields of clover everywhere. I haven't seen anything like that around here. The Mennonite farmers of Southern Ohio don't spray their fields, so maybe they have more clover. I wonder if they eat wild greens. I bet they do.

"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) Writer, ecologist, forester.

Today I had:
Breakfast: Muesli with cashews, walnuts, dates, raisins, chia seeds, apple and banana with almond milk.
Lunch: Corn chowder.
Supper: Salad with spinach, celery, cucumber, tomato, sprouts, and a dressing of lemon juice, Dijon mustard, agave nectar and olive oil.

No Body Flex today. My joints are really hurting from the weather.

No comments: