Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day

Earth Day just happens to be my husband's birthday, so we celebrated his special day with a recycling theme. We wrapped all but two of his presents in grocery bags and decorated them appropriately. The other two were wrapped in green paper leftover from Christmas.

It was my intention to fast today until this evening and then just eat a salad for supper. But after eating out at a restaurant and watching my family eat cooked food, I wanted something else when we got home. Later I fixed myself some power ball goo when the rest were eating cake and ice cream.

It is time for me to make up a short list of compelling reasons why I want to stay raw. I need to type it up and keep it with me at all times. Then I can pull it out anytime I am faced with a menu of cooked food choices and remember what I am doing and why. This evening I found myself staring out the window of the restaurant telling myself why I am doing this. It would have been so easy to give in and just order some old favorite from a menu of Standard American Diet fare. I don't eat out very often any more but when I do, I really feel cheated because restaurants just don't cater to someone eating healthy. When I am home I know I can whip up something I like in a matter of minutes and be very satisfied with my meals.
Today's food:
Breakfast and Lunch: Fasted.
Supper: Salad at a restaurant with mixed greens, dried apricots, pecans and an oil and vinegar dressing. When I got home I fixed myself some corn chowder.
Snack: Power ball goo.
Did my Body Flex today, but my muscles and joints are really screaming at me. I have been told that the joint pain could also be from detoxing. The weather is supposed to clear up tomorrow so we will see if that has any impact.

No comments: