Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Sharing Circle

Tonight I went to the sharing circle with the Columbus Raw Meetup group. A dear, dear friend from 15 years ago had joined the group online, but had not gone to any of the meetings. I was able to connect with her again and encouraged her to come tonight. She did and it was wonderful seeing her. We laughed and giggled like high school girls and left the meeting arm in arm to continue our conversation at a vegetarian restaurant. It was wonderful to renew our friendship and especially over a shared interest in health and wellness.

The meeting itself was extraordinary. Everyone got a chance to introduce themselves and say whatever they liked. I was humbled by the honesty, authenticity, and humility among my fellow raw travelers. People I have never met before opened their hearts and shared with the group about what it was like being raw. Everyone was so supportive of everyone else. It is so nice to know there are real live people out there who share my vision.

Today I ate:
Breakfast: Skipped...had to go to an early morning eye appointment. (Eyes are still improving!)
Lunch: Salad with spinach and Spring mix, carrots, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms with balsamic vinegar and oil.
Supper: Corn chowder and small salad with lemon, olive oil and sea salt.
Snack: 3 power balls and a juice of carrot, spinach, celery, and apple.

I did not do my Body Flex today and really missed it.

No comments: