Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter


Today marked another milestone in my raw journey: a major holiday. I stayed 100% raw with no effort at all......despite the carnivores in the house!

Many thanks to Heidi and JS Ohlander of Raw Food Right Now, who put out their Raw Easter Cookbook just in time for me to put together a lovely Easter feast for myself. The Deviled Eggs and Springtime Herb Dip were a big hit with the whole family. I also made the Shaved Carrot and Beet Salad. Those three dishes were enough for me and they helped supplement the menu for the rest of the family. Having something special for myself really helped me feel like it was Easter and there was something I could look forward to. I did not feel deprived at all and the chocolate bunnies didn't interest me in the slightest! Well done, Heidi!

I did not have time to make the Carrot Cake with Coconut Cream Frosting, but I am looking forward to a little bit of heaven when I try that recipe! I have not focused on too many desserts since I have become raw. I guess it is still a throwback to never getting to eat desserts on any other diet I have ever tried.
My Easter Day looked like this:
Breakfast: A couple of the deviled eggs!
Lunch: Deviled eggs made with mushrooms, cashews, vinegar, dry mustard and seasonings; Springtime Herb Dip with crudites; Shaved Carrot and Beet Salad; and a glass of "wine" made by throwing some grapes into the VitaMix with some ice cubes and water.
Supper: More of the deviled eggs and crudites with the herb dip.
Did my Body Flex first thing this morning.

No comments: