Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 60!!!


It is no small miracle that I have arrived at 60 days of eating 100% raw vegan. Anyone who has tried to go raw will tell you it isn't easy, but for me this has been a state of grace that I never want to end. Like an alcoholic or drug addict, it has been one day at a time. Sometimes it has been one meal at a time, but this miracle has never been taken for granted for one minute.

The changes have been profound and sublime. I have let go of 16 lbs., which is about 2 lbs. a week. I am off all prescription drugs and have used over-the-counter remedies only 3 times in 60 days. My energy continues to increase, the pain in my body continues to decrease. I have started exercising for the first time in years and can see my clothes becoming baggier by the day. I have had spiritual insights and visions that I can't begin to describe.

In the background there have been friends and family members cheering me on. I am so grateful to all of them for the space, time, consideration and generosity they have granted me as I have pursued this journey. There are well-known leaders in the raw food movement that continue to teach and help guide me....people like Angela Stokes, Matt Monarch, Kevin Gianni, Nomi Shannon and others like Tommie. There are the local people who participate in the Columbus Raw Meetup group that inspire me. Then there is my little group that communicates on a daily basis...S., L., and A....from the bottom of my heart, thank you! We are all on this road together and together we will succeed.

Today I ate:
Breakfast: Green smoothie of mango, banana, orange, pineapple and spinach.
Lunch: Leftover Mediterranean salad.
Supper: Big garden salad, of arugula, spinach and leaf lettuce, tomato, celery, carrot, mushroom, onion with a dressing of Dijon mustard, agave nectar, lemon juice and olive oil.

Body Flexed today too.

No comments: