Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Changes

Going raw for 24 days is the single biggest change I think I have ever made in my eating habits in my life. The changes that have come with it have been astounding. The mental clarity and lightness of being have been remarkable. The peace I have found within myself has brought moments of sheer joy and bliss. Things that would have confused, confounded or overwhelmed me before are put into a rightful perspective and problems are solved much easier. I have found a patience within myself for things like the U.S Tax Code and slow checkout lines at the grocery store! There is an emerging sense of self beyond the body and mind that I can only describe as spirit. My meditations are spent tuning into this spirit as it seems to be an invigorating place to spend 30-60 minutes every day. The experience of all this makes me wonder at what point I could take it for all granted and slip back into eating the Standard American Diet. It is my desire to make this change a permanent one in my life.

I no longer concern myself with how much I weigh each morning. My sense is that my body is healing itself and knows what it needs to do to restore balance and harmony within itself. The excess weight is being released, but it is another side effect of of bringing my whole being into alignment.

A decluttering process has begun anew in my home as well. It is time to let things go that no longer serve me or no longer have a place in my life. My feng shui training tells me that this alone will cause changes in my life, but this time it is the other way around. I have made changes in my life and now my home is changing to match my life. It's all good.

On Monday I ate:
Breakfast: Green smoothie with peaches, banana, blueberries, spinach and collard greens.
Lunch: Huge salad with escarole, mache, radicchio, avocado, carrots, celery, red onion, red and green pepper, and dressing with lemon juice, agave nectar, water and olive oil.
Supper: Power balls.

No comments: