Saturday, February 21, 2009

Three Weeks and Counting

It has now been 3 weeks of being 100% raw, gluten and dairy-free! It definitely feels like a habit now, but I certainly do not take anything for granted.

My cousin spent the night last night and decided to go back home today since the weather is supposed to turn bad. She was going to take us out to eat, but after I explained my new eating habits, she agreed to let my daughter cook for her. We had a fun supper with me doing my own thing. We all sat down together and I did not feel at all deprived. I did eye some garlic bread that was placed next to me. It smelled very good but I just picked it up and passed it on. It landed by someone else who ate several slices. But no one seemed to care what I was eating, we were all talking and laughing too much.

I am still feeling very tired and achy, but I am sure now that my body is just ridding itself of toxins. Getting more rest and drinking lots of water seems to be the answer. My weight is down 10 lbs. now and it is worth everything to keep going.

On Friday I had:
Breakfast: Green juice with collards, kale, parsley, celery, carrots, cucumber and apple.
Lunch: Salad with romaine lettuce, fennel, celery, carrots, black olives, pine nuts, tomato, lemon juice and olive oil.
Supper: More salad, zucchini spaghetti with a tomato sauce of whole tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, a dash of apple cider vinegar, agave nectar, basil, Italian seasoning, and garlic.

No comments: