Monday, February 9, 2009

Temptation Hits

Today was the first day I really thought about eating cooked food. For some reason the idea of a few cooked foods kept floating into my thoughts. At one point I realized that I could dwell on it or choose to remain focused on what I could be eating. Then it hit me...I have a plan! I can follow my plan! Which I did. I whipped up a small bowl of power ball goo and killed the cravings.

For the last several days I have been keeping a yellow post-it note on a kitchen cabinet door with a colorful number on it to remind myself of how many days I have been raw. Today I reached up and touched it and realized that I didn't want to break my streak. I feel like I have just the right tools to keep me focused and on track now.

There has been a lot of discussion going on among some friends about being 100% raw. There are those who are perfectly comfortable being 50-85% raw. I would love to say that I am one of them, but I am not. I simply do not lose weight if I am eating any kind of cooked food, and with 150-160 lbs. to lose, I simply can not play around with this program.

Today I had:
Breakfast: Green smoothie with 2 bananas, an apple, a cup of blueberries and lots of kale.
Lunch: Power balls!
Supper: Big salad with arugula, baby spinach, red bell pepper, avocado, shallot, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt.

3 comments:

Haakon Thormodsen said...

Try this one: http://www.opraheckhart.com/

Doll Creelman-Migliaccio said...

Don't you just love it when a streak happens?!!!

You are doing great!

Karen Schlesinger said...

Thank you! LOVE Eckhart Tolle!

Hi Doll! I believe it's more than a streak now. I believe I can do this long term. I am just so happy!