Monday, February 23, 2009

Sunday Brunch

I went to a cousin's baby shower today and was stunned by the "brunch" that was layed out for us. It was more like a smorgasbord! The lady who hosted it runs a bed and breakfast and really knows how to entertain and put on a spread. This was the ultimate challenge. I marveled at how good it all looked, how beautifully it was displayed and just helped myself to the fruit!

It really was remarkable to look at that much food and not be tempted by it. I found myself appreciating it all for the abundance and beauty it represented rather than how it tasted. Apparently it was all delicious. The other guests raved about it. I really enjoyed my fruit!

Today I ate:
Breakfast: Big green smoothie with mango, bananas, peaches, celery, romaine lettuce and cinnamon.
Lunch: Pineapple, cantaloupe and grapes.
Supper: Soup with tomatoes, avocado, onion, celery cilantro, spinach, lime juice, Jerusalem artichoke and sea salt.

No comments: