Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Quiet Saturday

It has been a quiet day today. After my cousin left early this morning I did a few things around the house then went back to bed for a few hours. I don't know why I am needing so much sleep, unless my body is trying to make up for lost sleep over the past 5 years!


I have not been exercising on a regular basis yet. I haven't been in the habit and that is something I am going to be addressing soon. I bought a Body Flex kit on e-Bay last week, but it has not arrived yet. Once it gets here I will be anxious to try it out. It had a lot of appeal for me because it can be done sitting down. My knees have been bothering me lately so I think the Body Flex will be a good plan to get me started. I am hoping that it will boost my energy levels once I start exercising regularly.


I have also been drinking a lot more water. Don't know why I feel so dehydrated after 64 oz. a day and all the fruit and vegetables I eat. Perhaps it is because the air is so cold and dry. I am noticing that my skin is not as dry as it usually is during the winter months....except for my hands. I spend so much time washing fruits and vegetables and hand washing the VitaMix that they are feeling dry. I need to try using some coconut oil on them at night.

Today I had:
Breakfast: Green smoothie with mango, bananas, clementines, collards, spinach and a spoonful of coconut oil.
Lunch/Supper: Big salad with arugula, mache, fennel, celery, carrots, tomato, avocado, cashews, and dressing of lemon juice, agave nectar, and olive oil.
Dessert: A small bowl of power ball goo.

No comments: