Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Unpleasant chores

Today I didn't get enough calories in to keep me going during the day. By 3:00 this afternoon, I wanted to take a nap. Well, maybe I was avoiding the tasks I had said I was going to do. It was a tough decision...clean the house or do taxes. Sleep was a much better option! I did finally get the first of three sets of taxes done. The other two will take longer, but at least I have gotten into the mind set of doing them now. I hate having to force myself to do something.

But I still feel really tired tonight and am looking forward to going to bed. I feel like my body is getting cleaner every day now and I suspect I need more sleep to allow it to do its job. I have also been noticing strange aches and pains in odd places. The pains seem to come and go and don't stick around long in any one place. After all my body has been through I probably have toxins packed away in tissues all over my body. A noticeable detoxification process will most likely go on for a couple of years. All I can do is be patient with myself while my body heals. It is a much different experience to have pain in my body and realize it is healing. No need to run for any painkillers now.

Today I had:
Breakfast: Green smoothie with a cup each of blueberries and peaches, 2 bananas, and Swiss chard.
Lunch: Celery, baby carrots and red bell pepper with a pate of walnuts, red bell pepper, parsley, and green onion, followed by 2 clementines.
Supper: Zucchini spaghetti with a tomato sauce of 2 whole tomatoes, half a cup of sun-dried tomatoes, a tablespoonful of apple cider vinegar, a squirt of agave nectar, basil and Italian seasoning. For dessert I had a little bit of power ball mixture of almond butter, coconut oil, agave nectar, sunflower seeds, coconut and ground flax seeds.

No comments: