Friday, March 27, 2009

An 8 Week Progress Report

I am rapidly approaching the 60 day mark with eating 100% raw. Not sure why that number feels so significant, but it is twice the 30 day mark. That is twice the number of days it takes to form a habit. Every 30 days I am a raw vegan increases the likelihood that I will stick with it.

My progress these past 4 weeks has been a little disappointing. I only let go of another 4 lbs. and a total of 4 1/2". This brings my total weight loss to 15 lbs. in 8 weeks of being 100% raw. If I count the weight I lost while I was trying to go raw, the number is 24 lbs. lost. My clothes are much looser on me now and I am feeling better as time goes by. I am pleased with any progress and especially pleased that my upper body strength is significantly stronger from the Body Flex program. My energy has been improving, even if it is at an erratic pace. I am also happy to report that a chronic lower back pain has all but completely disappeared.

As I go through my mental checklist of the positive benefits of eating raw, I am very pleased that I have come this far and will continue my happy raw vegan ways.

Today I had:
Breakfast: Green smoothie with apple, banana, orange, spinach and parsley.
Lunch: The rest of the smoothie.
Supper: We ate out at a French restaurant that accommodated me with 2 double side salads of very fresh greens, red and green bell peppers, tomatoes and red onion. The dressing was a mixture of lemon juice, mustard, honey, olive oil and seasonings.
Snack: A little bit of power ball goo.

Body Flexed as usual.

No comments: