Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Raw Meetup

After the massive healing that Fred Payne did last night, I thrashed around in bed all night long. Various aches and pains came and went, my stomach started to gurgle and churn, and I had several entertaining dreams. I was ready to spend half the day in bed today, but when morning finally arrived, I felt fine! Fred had recommended a few things to help my body with its detox, so I went out on a mission to gather the necessary supplies. I ran a few other errands along the way and arrived back home in the early afternoon.

I tried to get a few things done around the house, but the phone kept ringing and before I knew it, time slipped away from me. One person from the Fred Payne series called to reconnect and I was really happy to hear from her. We will probably be planning a time to get as many of us as we can back together again.

I had taken some of my power balls to the meeting last night and they were a big hit. Dr. Rosana Domingues, a local homeopath, was thrilled to hear that I was eating raw and wanted to know more about what I was doing. I invited her to join me at the Columbus Raw Meetup group tonight. I got there a little late because I yakked on the phone too long, but Rosana was already there and had found someone she knew. It was my first time, so I didn't know anyone but her. My husband arrived a little later from work, but by that time I was feeling pretty comfortable among the group of 18 or so folks that showed up.

I was pretty impressed by the people who came to this group....one young woman had lost 100 lbs. in a year by eating raw! Her mother was so impressed by her daughter's success, that she too, had gone raw. Another woman, Jane, introduced us to Mona Vie, a "super drink." Will showed us a sensible way to open a young coconut...no machetes involved! Lisa gave me her card for her colon hydrotherapy. Stephanie is leaving on a two week vacation at the Creative Health Institute in Union City, MI. Allison was a gracious hostess to everyone and welcomed me into the group. Shawna Stursa, the main organizer, is arranging an expedition soon to teach us how to forage for wild greens! She is an extraordinary woman who has studied with Dr. Gabriel Cousens and is working on her Master's in Spiritual Vegan Livefood Nutrition Education. There were several other talented people there that I didn't get to talk to this time, but all in all, I felt like I had found my people. It appeared to be salad night tonight but everything looked so colorful and fresh. One person made a really tasty raw baklava. Can't wait to get that recipe!

No question about it. This group has a lot going on and I intend to go back. What a joy to find such inspiration right here in my own back yard!

Today's edibles:
Breakfast: A mango, banana, Mandarin orange smoothie.
Lunch: A small salad of arugula, sprouts, mushrooms, olives, red peppers, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt and olive oil.
Supper: A variety of green salads, a carrot salad, and the baklava.
Snack: A few power balls.

I also drank 3 quarts of water with a whole lemon blended into it (to assist the liver.) I completely forgot to do my Body Flex today. I'll get back on track with that tomorrow.

No comments: