Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 49 - Seven weeks

Yesterday was a difficult day. I had to take my daughter to the hospital for tests. She is having serious digestive problems. I know a raw food diet would help her but she doesn't listen to me. She is a believer in the medical sciences, and thinks she will find her answers there. Sometimes a mother has to let the child learn on her own. It isn't easy watching someone you love make so many mistakes.

I managed my food pretty well during the day.
Breakfast: Green smoothie with mango, banana, orange and spinach.
Lunch: The rest of the smoothie.
Snack: 3 power balls.
Supper: My second attempt at a raw pizza. A raw cheese sauce, a raw tomato sauce spread onto 2 portobella mushroom caps with shallots, yellow and orange peppers and a few olives. Lets face it. It is NOT anything close to pizza and I need to try making a crust with a dehydrator.

Today was Day 49....seven weeks. And it has been a really rocky day. I slept 14 hours last night and woke up feeling pretty badly. Later I had severe diarrhea and was vomiting. My initial take is that this is a real detox reaction. My family wanted me to go to the hospital or urgent care, but I knew they would just give me drugs, and then it's more to detox. I am trying to stay hydrated but it is difficult when it just runs straight through you.

My intake for the day:
A handful of cashews and the juice of 2 oranges this evening.
All the water I can keep down.

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

No comments: