Monday, March 30, 2009

Comparative Health


Well, for the minor aches, pains and lack of energy that I have suffered this past week or so, it doesn't begin to rival the illness the rest of my family is experiencing. They all have some form of the flu that is wearing them down to a halt. I spent a portion of my day today sitting in an urgent care while my daughter got her diagnosis and prescriptions. She is by far and away the sickest person in the house right now and the only one who got a flu shot this year. My husband took a sick day as well and while he still isn't back to 100%, says he's going back to work tomorrow.

I am trying very hard not to be too smug about the fact that I have not been really sick at all this winter. With the exception of the detox I went through right after the Fred Payne events, I have not had any of my usual winter ailments. This is the first winter in decades that I did not go to the doctor for a sinus infection! There was a time that I could count on bronchitis and/or pneumonia along with strep throat, colds, and ongoing congestion every year. I used to say that I knew how I was going to die....it would be from pneumonia.

I like to think that my eating 100% raw has had a big impact on those trends. My only trip to the doctor in the past several months has been to decrease and finally eliminate all my medications! That alone makes staying raw worthwhile, but the benefits just continue to mount.

Today's intake was:
Breakfast: Green smoothie with mango, pineapple, orange, banana, ginger and spinach.
Lunch: A bowl of raw sauerkraut with the rest of the smoothie.
Supper: A big Mediterranean salad with arugula, fennel, red bell peppers, shallots, capers, olives, tomatoes, avocado, and lemon juice, sea salt and olive oil for the dressing.

Body Flexed first thing this morning.
Photo courtesy of Kimy of Cleveland, OH. http://mousemedicine.blogspot.com/

No comments: