Monday, March 9, 2009

Body Flex

About a month ago I heard of an exercise program called Body Flex. I was intrigued by this system as it could be done sitting down. I have a lot of problems with my knees and hip joints, so anything I could do that didn't require standing for long periods of time or having to get down on the floor had a lot of appeal to me. Another feature that captured my attention was the fact that it could be done in 20 minutes and guaranteed that I would lose inches and pounds. This was my kind of exercise plan!

So after chasing it down on e-Bay, I finally received my new exercise equipment....a plastic bar with a rubber stretchy band and a couple of videos. (I found the VHS video tapes real cheap and we still have a VCR that works.) I went through the instructional video and my first workout on Saturday morning. I was quite surprised that the 20 minute workout seemed to get me charged up for the day. I had a few aches on Sunday morning, but nothing like what I have experienced with other workouts. With the family and some friends over, I didn't have the time or privacy to do it yesterday. But today, I did it first thing this morning and again have been pleased with the energy and endurance I've had today. For what I paid for it, this system is worth the money already! I did take my measurements before I started, so we will see what happens with it in one week. If I see the results that it promises, maybe I will post some before and after pictures.

Today I had:
Breakfast: Muesli with sunflower, chia, and pepita seeds, almonds and pecans, dates, coconut flakes, an apple and a banana with almond milk. I drizzled about a teaspoon of agave nectar over it too.
Lunch: Salad with romaine lettuce, celery, carrots, an avocado, and an orange with lemon juice, olive oil and Celtic sea salt.
Snack: Handful of cashews.
Supper: A little bit of zucchini spaghetti with alfredo sauce. I really wasn't as hungry as I thought I was.

A couple of people have asked me about the alfredo sauce, so here is the recipe. It is my version of a couple of other people's recipes.

1/3 cup macadamia nuts
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup water
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of white pepper
Celtic sea salt

Throw everything into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.

This makes more than enough for 2 servings. My husband even liked it and finished it off tonight. It can be used over spiralized zucchini for spaghetti or as a dipping sauce for other veggies.

3 comments:

Tommie said...

I love BodyFlex! I've just gotten a rebounder, too, and am going to do a few minutes on it this morning. Good luck with your exercising!

Karen Schlesinger said...

Tommie! Thanks for stopping by. You are the one who introduced me to Body Flex! I am so grateful to you for sharing so much with me. If I can achieve even half of your success I will be thrilled. The rebounder is next on my list.

Tommie said...

You won't be disappointed, Karen. Be sure to get a good one. I understand the cheaper ones can actually cause harm.