Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 30 & Beyond

My appetite seems to be decreasing! I have had several meals over the past week where I simply could not eat everything I had prepared for myself. I have heard that this happens on a raw diet, but I didn't really think it would happen to me. But it has and this is really good news. I am an overeater from way back and no diet has ever been very satisfying to me because I always felt like I wanted more to eat. Portion control has eluded me since I was a child, so I really like feeling full without eating so much.

On Saturday I didn't feel like eating much. I really only had 2 meals and a snack. Sunday morning I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat until 6:30 pm. It was sort of an unplanned fast. But I felt fine and went to bed Sunday night feeling considerably lighter.

On Saturday I had:
Breakfast: Muesli with pecans, chia, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, cranberries, dates, raisins, an apple and a banana with almond milk.
Lunch: Citrus Avocado Salad with grapefruit, 2 oranges, avocado, spinach and arugula with lemon juice, agave nectar, water and olive oil dressing.
Snack: The rest of the dehydrated veggie chips. Definitely not eating those again!

Sunday I fasted until 6:30 pm and then had:
Supper: Small salad with spinach, spring mix, radiccino, celery, and tomato with lemon juice and olive oil.
Snack: Guacamole with celery and baby carrots.

No comments: