Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Quiet Weekend

On Saturday I dragged my husband around town with me to run errands and do the grocery shopping. He really wasn't feeling well, but wanted to get out of the house and spend some time with me. I love it when we can grocery shop together...it just goes so much easier. He loves Whole Foods as much as I do, so he doesn't mind watching me pile stacks of greens into the cart. My daughter has found a social life and isn't cooking for him as much these days, so he has been eating more of what I offer him...which, of course, is lots of fruits and vegetables. He is even talking about going raw for a while to try it out! I won't hold my breath on that one, but it can only improve his health to whatever degree he embraces it.

On Saturday I ate:
Breakfast: A smoothie of banana, orange and peaches.
Lunch: Some raw sauerkraut and various raw vegetables.
Supper: Guacamole and celery.

Sunday was a day to stay home and relax. The weather went from rain to sleet to a few snow showers, with winds topping 40 mph. Not a good day for travel. We had planned a trip to Louisville, KY but my husband was really sick so we stayed home. I woke up with a lingering pain in my left hip, but it finally subsided. I am still at the mercy of the weather when it comes to my joints.

On Sunday I had:
Breakfast: 3 Mineolas...a cross between a tangerine and grapefruit.
Lunch: Corn chowder
Supper: Nori rolls with avocado, cauliflower, red bell pepper, carrots and cucumber.
Snack: Some power ball goo.

I Body Flexed on Saturday but passed on Sunday due to the achy joint problem.

No comments: